Monday, April 25, 2016

Set....

     The first two blinds went so well and looked so nice once hung in the motorhome, I decided to do two more. I ran out of string after the first blind, and Camping World had no more, so I substituted white mason cord from Home Depot. We will hang those just before we leave and find out if that blind will stay up! It's tough to get ready and work on the motorhome when it's kept 17 miles away!
     The motorhome is now nearly completely packed and ready. All I need to do for the trip itself is to put our clothes away in the motorhome and load the fresh and frozen food...
     BUT, the actual act of LEAVING is in other hands... Yesterday I discovered why our backyard plants appear to be dying. I thought it was the heat and the drought, but it turns out the sprinklers haven't been sprinkling! They'd been unplugged from the timer! That fixed, I realized I need to get a little more water on the new plantings and the vegetable garden while we're gone. I can't count on Vickie to do the hand-watering and gardening due to lack of interest on her part... It's enough that she will have to care for the cats and take care of the house... So, we put some old soaker hoses on a timer and discovered multiple leaks and holes. This morning there will be a trip to Home Depot for more hoses, then we will arrange those and cover them with mulch. THEN, we can GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment